Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Villainy 101 Presents: Rms & Peak Exclusive Guest Mix + Q&A
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Villainy 101 Presents: Rms & Peak Exclusive Guest Mix + Q&A
Villainy 101 Presents: Rms & Peak Exclusive Guest Mix + Q&A 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello folks! I am very excited to officially announce this Sunday November 15 3-5pm GMT/ 10am-Noon EST I will be airing a very exclusive guest mix from Dunt Da Da Da... Rms & Peak! The mix has a number of tunes in it from Rms & Peak and Headflux that wont be released till 2010. Some very exclusive bizniz here that you wont want to miss out on! Also be sure to peep the Q&A down below!

]Q&A time with RMS & Peak

I_Villain:
What came 1st djing or producing?

RMS & PEAK:
Deejaying, I started mixing many moons ago, but the death of a friend caused me to walk away from the scene for a while. In 2000 a very good friend of mine played me a Stanton Warriors album, we went to Fabric and that was that.

I started producing a number of years ago, but only messing about in my bedroom - trying to get my head around synthesis, and how to use a DAW. I spent sometime with m0del101 in the studio, then I spent a lot of time with Inch (Ctrl-Z and Pyramid), who introduced me to Logic, we wrote some tracks together, and I have continued from there. A lot of what I know today was taught to me during the time i spent with Inch, so you can blame him :0)

I_Villain:
Whats the biggest gig you've ever played?

RMS & PEAK:
Biggest would have to be Glade 2009. We’ve played, Waveform, Alpha Omega, Planet Zogg amongst others.

I_VILLAIN:
Most embarrassing or best dj moment ever!

RMS& PEAK:
Embarrassing - The classic one of pressing the eject button on the wrong cdj!

I_Villain:
Production tools of choice software, hardware, or both

RMS & PEAK: Software
Logic Pro 8.0
Ableton 8.0

Hardware
Mac Pro
KRK VXT8’s
Focusrite Saffire LE
Eventide H3000 - Ultraharmonizer
Novation Supernova
Nord G2
Alesis A5

I_Villain:
Favorite synth?

RMS & PEAK:
Has to be the Nord, the Alesis is also amazing, especially for making prawns and other seafood, I currently have Dom Smart’s (Neurodriver’s) Moog Voyager in the studio, which a truly awesome instrument!

I_Villain:
One thing in your studio you couldn't do without?

RMS & PEAK:
My chair - I invested in a Herman Miller Aeron this year, it has to be the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in, and it makes the hours of production much more fun :0)

I_Villain:
Whats your dream gig, if you've already played it where when why....

RMS & PEAK:
I aways enjoy playing in my home town, there is a night run by a great bunch of people called Psychedelic Saturday, I know lots of the people there and always have a fantastic time, which makes it all worth while. Dream gig - I really want to play Konemetsa in 2010. Adam, the other half of RMS & Peak, has played there a couple of times under his other guise of Ephexis, and says its awesome.

I_Villain:
Whats your musical background?

RMS & PEAK:
I play the Piano and started playing when I was around ten years old, I was serious about it for many years, but as the years have passed I have stopped and started playing a couple of times.

Adam plays a couple of instruments including keyboard and guitar.We bought a drum kit between us last year, which lives in the studio - jokes!

I_Villain:
Do you have any plans to come across the pond and play stateside?

RMS & PEAK:
Not at the moment, but I would definitely like to come over, a few of my friends have played stateside and always had a great time. I plan to come to Burning Man in 2010, with my cd’s in tow. For any promoters in the US, we want to come play stateside!!!!
:0P

I_Villain:
What do you look to for inspiration when writing tracks?

RMS & PEAK:
Daydreams, people, film, other styles of music - I have been listening to lots of psy chill recently, I love it’s deep evolving nature and the large soundscapes that I can lose my imagination in, Loving Stockhausen and Steve Reich - very inspirational, and most recently I have been listening to Blumenkraft by OTT, I have to listen to it on a weekly basis. I also really like Luke Vibert, I really love the smoothness and texture of this sound. The album he wrote with Jean Jacques Perry was particularly inspiring, especially the track ‘Frere Jacques’, which always put a huge smile on my face.

I_Villain:
What breaks artist really do it for you atm?

RMS & PEAK:
In no particular order:

Dub Elements, Mr Snook, Neurodriver, Hedflux, Elite Force, Stylus Rex, Pyramid, Robosapiens, LuQas, Far Too Loud, Rektchordz, D-Ranged, Tom Real, Rogue Element

I_Villain:
What can we expect to see from you guys in the next 6 months?

RMS & PEAK:
We are working on a remix of Hedflux’s ‘MindCell’, which will be released on Broken Robot in early 2010 and we have also been working on our next E.P.

I_Villain:
While in the studio and playing gigs, stone cold sober or delightfully twisted?

RMS & PEAK:
lol - I’ll let you figure that one out for yourself - Actually I would say somewhere between the two depending on what, where and when.

I_Villain:
Are breaks dead?

RMS & PEAK:
Personally I dont think so. I think the breaks scene is evolving and continues evolving, new styles and ideas have emerged in the last couple of years, which is where I think this question really comes from.

The style we are writing falls into the cross over category I think, a plod breaks drum beat with seafood, noodles and heady psychedelic sounds, I feel this style has been growing recently. It was the likes of Rex, Hedflux and Far Too Loud material which influenced and inspired me, and I think a whole bunch of other people too.

This year has seen some massive tracks been released, the Beatport Top Ten has been very good recently, new labels have emerged, and whole raft of new artists too, even the people behind the forums have also stepped up the game.

The most important thing is that people enjoy making the vibrations they make, they continue contributing and having fun.
Inconspicuous Villain
Fresh Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx