Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mega Muti Update_Great Scott, Mesmer, Subvert,....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Mega Muti Update_Great Scott, Mesmer, Subvert,....
Mega Muti Update_Great Scott, Mesmer, Subvert,.... 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
We've had an epic busy summer here at Muti HQ and the fruits of our labour is surfacing at digital retail sites near you
Here's the lowdown on what's going on with various promotions and where to get / hear the tracks.
First up is one of the most fun EP's we've done in a while, with straight up good vibes all around and made that much more special with a remix from Romanian 'Mesmer'.

Muti018 - Great Scott - Bollygraph Test EP(w/ Mesmer Remix)
Current Beatport Exclusive: www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/labe...tail/5058/muti_music
1. Bollygraph Test
2. Bollygraph Test (Mesmer Remix)
3. Chai Overdose
Some early response:
- “ohh Great Scott!! …. Who said Asian breaks were dead? They’re alive and kickin’ if producers like DJ Great Scott grace our ears.” _ projectbollyhood.com
- BBC Radio – “Multiple plays on Bobby Friction and Nihal’s BBC radio show”
- “ If you like bass, if you like grumble DJ Great Scott’s ‘Bollygraph Test’ will get you ready to rumble!” _ brandnu.org

Great Scott is making waves with his Asian flavored beats. The host of “MK Ultra,” on KTRU in Houston, TX has been seeing weekly support on the Bobby Friction show on BBC radio and also recently had a collaboration project with well known breaks producer “Undecided” signed to UK breaks label Mechanoise.
Scott has broken into the international music scene before with a brief stint working and gigging in Beijing, China. The ‘Bollygraph Test EP’ looks to be pushing that international journey even further with it’s Asian beat flavour and also for the fact that it features the Romanian rising breakbeat star, Mesmer, who is known for his multiple releases on ‘Bombtraxx’, ‘Bijoubeats’, ‘Sango Music’and ‘Sound Of Habib' who will be releasing his forthcoming album.

Muti015 - Nanda - Somewhere Between Worlds EP
- Fine Cut Bodies (Chi Recordings): "... really strick grooves, good for my taste..."
- Ed 2000 (Dangerous Drums): "Loving your releases of late!!!"
- Nick (Interchill): "I really like and played the awakening - v cool tune, for the me the stronglest on the ep"
- Ratling (Breaks FM) : "on first listen its 'high heals not allowed' that stands out for me. a good package over all but its this tune that im gonna drop in somewhere tonight on my show."

On Addictech: www.addictech.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=13110
and Beatport: www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/labe...tail/5058/muti_music
also on Juno, Trackitdown, Streetwise and other digital outlets like iTunes, eMusic by the end of this week.
File Under: Breakbeat / Electro / Glitch / Dubstep / Leftfield / Midtempo / Grime
1. The Awakening 5:38
2. Isvara 5:53
3. Active 8 5:10
4. Conscious Movement 5:12
5. Nada Brahma 4:48
6. High Heals Not Allowed 6:09

Muti017 - Subvert - Dirt Nap EP
A crunchy little bass driven midtempo monster that is currently exclusive and top selling EP on Addictech:

File Under: Breakbeat / Grime / Dubstep / Glitch / Bigbeat / Midtempo
Addictech: www.addictech.com/store/product_info.php...mp;products_id=14005
- B-Side : "some sick shit man!"
- Ratling (Breaks FM): "huge props as usual on releases 16 & 17 keep up the goodness."
- Sneak-E Pete (Blunted Funk / MobBeats / Samurai.FM - SF): " Size Matters is giving me stage-fright. Super sick bass, will play in Brooklyn this weekend! Also going to be playing a few of these on Samurai.FM for sure...digging the mix of funk N noise on Curbstomper."

1. Dirt Nap 5:45 by Excision & Subvert
2. Pump et Up 5:17 by Subvert
3. Curbstomper 4:29 by Subvert
4. Size Matters 4:09 by Subvert

Known for crunchy midrange bass and huge sub frequency drops, Subvert's tracks have been doing promo rounds and have made regular appearances in the sets of Bassnectar, Ill Gates (The Phat Conductor) & Dov amongst others.'Excision' collaborates with Subvert on the title track which exemplifies the newer fusion of dubstep, grime and hip-hop tempo's with the dubstep aesthetic resulting in a pumped up bass driven dancefloor mayhem. The EP delivers whompy bass and big drops abundantly and will definitely makes those sub woofers work.
The past year has truly seen the emergence of Subvert as a recording artist, with a slew of new releases in the first half of 2008:
‘Subversion’ and ‘No Smokey Ganja’ on Rottun Recordings,
‘Bigtsteppa’ on Punch Out
and a recent remix of the Ill Gates smasher ‘Sweat Shop’ also coming soon on Muti Music.

Muti016 - Heyoka - Pineal Dub
We also have a psychedelic dubbed out experience that is currently exclusive on Addictech:
www.addictech.com/store/product_info.php...mp;products_id=13374

File Under: Dubstep / Chillout / Downtempo / Psychill
"Spacious melodic dub electronica. Heyoka has a deeply psychedelic sound full of squelches, blips, sonic flickers and all manner of effected sine waves, corrosive synthetics and acidic programming. Driven by huge, lumbering bass lines and gritty programmed drumtracks Pineal Dub draws on elements of IDM, glitch, downtempo and displaced hip hop binding them up into a consistent dub framework, with a very low centre of gravity." - Morpheus Music / Electronic Music Mall
Tracklisting:
1. Etheric Dub 5:18
2. Lazy Bass 6:58
3. Melting 5:00
4. Squishy Dub 5:33
5. Kombulade 5:52
6. Moth Dub 5:49
7. Bass Spalls 4:37
8. Purgatory Dub 5:02

Also still hot from earlier this year:
Muti011 - An-ten-nae - Acid Crunk EP1
File Under: Midtempo, Breakbeat, Electro

- Ill Gates: "i really liked this one. it'll definitely be seeing some action from me over the next little bit."
- Steelzawheelz:"thanks, will be supporting the lawgiverz mix where possible, good work!"
- Jnr Hacksaw: "the lawgiverz mix DESTROYS on the trigger rig, I'm sure I'll be hearing it again tonight."
- Jonty Skrufff (Ministry Of Sound):"I'll be reviewing it this week: spinning out this weekend in Lithuania "
1. Destroy The System (Original) 3:57
2. Destroy The System (Lawgiverz Remix) 6:15
3. Destroy The System (Dov Remix) 5:33
Dov
Fresh Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx