Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'Minds I' EP by Mystic Man (AKA Merka) & Eshamanjaro OUT NOW!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 'Minds I' EP by Mystic Man (AKA Merka) & Eshamanjaro OUT NOW!
'Minds I' EP by Mystic Man (AKA Merka) & Eshamanjaro OUT NOW! 16 Years ago Karma: 0
Mystic Man & Eshamanjaro - 'Minds I' EP

'‘Minds I’ is a beautiful slice of mournful thought-provoking hip-hop...this is epic' - iDJ (May 2008)

'Minds I' is the second instalment of the build-up to Merka's long-awaited Hip-Hop LP project with Eshamanjaro, 'In Heavy Weather', which is out on Fat! Records in June. Following on from their debut ‘Cheshire Cat’, the duo have produced another outstanding single that showcases yet another aspect to their Hip Hop style. This time Mr Ford has crafted a subdued mood that is carried through the track by the floating instrumental solo melodies, whilst Eshamanjaro’s bitter politics & the soft male vocal samples evoke a certain sadness.

Gella’s remix proves he can be tough competition when it comes to diversity. Far from his funk-induced remix of ‘Cheshire Cat’, he opts for a glitchy and unpredictable interpretation here. He strips down Mystic Man’s beats and instrumentation to bare basics adding an addictive shuffle to the groove, but takes away none of the resentment portrayed by Eshamanjaro.

Merka follows the path of his previous ‘RetroDub’ remix series by providing a mid-nineties, drum n bass edge at a breaks tempo. A deep wobbly bassline and bouncy tribal beats surround a euphoric breakdown, and Eshamanjaro’s vocals get a reverberant makeover.

‘Minds I’ is another triumph for Mystic Man & Eshamanjaro, as the three tracks take you through a whirlwind journey of varied tempos, rhythms and influences, with that catchy vocal hook. The pair have already made it onto Laurent Garnier and Mr Scruff’s radars with ‘Cheshire Cat’, and this track can only make you want to camp outside your nearest record store until the album is released.

The EP is available from Fat! Records' own site shop, www.thefatclub.com. You can preview the tracks, and listen to other Fat! releases available. To be taken directly there, go HERE.
Fat!
Expert Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx