Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Home Alone-TheChameleons High8 & 601 rmxs OUT NOW
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Home Alone-TheChameleons High8 & 601 rmxs OUT NOW
Home Alone-TheChameleons High8 & 601 rmxs OUT NOW 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
HOME ALONE - THE CHAMELEONS
With remixes by HIGH EIGHT & 601

Big Square Records
Cat: BGSQ014
Genre: Breaks & stuff

Release date: 6th December 2010 - OUT NOW!!

Home Alone aka Dino Z is a relative newcomer to the breaks scene, but it hasn’t taken him long to gain a reputation for acid laced techy stompers, just check out his work for labels like Dead Famous & V.I.M. The Chameleons is his first release on Big Square & true to form it’s dripping in late night reverb, bolstered with tuff beats & belly shaking bass. A deep, sexy hybrid of techno & breaks that’s made to make you rave. Heads down!

The first remix comes from Re:Connect label boss & all round good egg, Neil High Eight. A sturdy nuskool breaks reworking is the order of the day here. Tight drums, bouncy effects & a stylish use of original elements combine to make a steppy masterpiece. Chuck in building synths & a throbbing bottom end & you can see why High Eight is in big demand.

Last but not least 601 step to the crease & deliver a reverse sweep over the ropes. Call it Funky, call it Global Bass, call it Breaks. We don’t care because it’s right up out street here at Big Square HQ. Forward thinking in every respect, 601’s remix fuses skippy beats & booming bass to devastating effect. Heavy, brooding pads & Dino’s acid sit perfectly over this tropical rhythm. Once again the We Do Bass label bosses deliver an outstanding piece of dance music. Fact.

Check it out: Orig + remixes Here:
player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=htt...e-chameleons-preview

Avaliable right now from:

Beatport: www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/rele...620/The%20Chameleons
Juno: www.junodownload.com/products/the-chameleons/1651825-02/
DJdownload: www.djdownload.com/mp3-detail/Home+Alone...s/Big+Square/3391405
Tesco : www.tescoentertainment.com/store/mp3/hom...eleons/2%3a46745593/

& a load of other places

Coming in the new year from Big Square, a cheeky ep:
Digibox - Bass Nation feat Lunar Shift remix
Digibox - Phase One feat Dirty Tricks remix
Big Nick D
Junior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Home Alone-TheChameleons High8 & 601 rmxs OUT NOW 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Some feedback:

Move Ya!:
Really good package / release that.
The 601 mix is classy, nice warm feel and like the Detroit-esque feel...will be spinning that for suredy.
High Eight is good too...like the Electro feel..strong.
Good work all round!

JoeBot:
loving high eights big room sound on this one!

Duane Barry:
This is probably Dino's best original I've heard from him yet! Loving the deep, squelchy acid bass and all the little plinky synth stabs.
Love the old skool vibe of both remixes, High Eight remix is my favourite of the package, for it's great techy energy. Full support from me!

Danny Reject:
Top Drew Mcgraw my friend! I dropped the High 8 remix on the show last night and will give the other a plug 'n' play in the coming weeks. Cheers!

Llupa:
Love the groove on the original, rolls along very nicely with a touch of tech perc, prog synths and solid nu skool breaks beats n bass - very cool tune. Nice to Hi8 back on the remix duty, he keeps it groovy with some big synth action - big tune. Love the shuffle in the 601 mix and the use of the perc from the original - these guys have such a unique sound - great work
Awesome release man - all three are top notch, but original takes it for me - big support here!

Boba - Curl&Dean:
I'm feeling the orignal most out this pack for sure, it has Big square written all over it
High eight remix is cool, yeah a good alternative form the orig.

JOKR:
Chameleons has a kind of Kid Blue kinda style which can only be a good thing. Its def got the techfunk sound going on. Can imagine the Lot49 crew are on this.

Kultur & Colombo:
Favourite Track : HOME ALONE : The Chameleons (601 remix) / (original mix):
Rating: 4/5
Comments: Big Square HQ ! Big surprise with the 601 remix, its our favourite... massive !! Groovy House-Breaks !! The original mix is superb also ! Support for both tunes in our Metamorph Masterpieces Show (Mixcloud) in the next weeks and also in our live sets.

Clodhoppa / Kovacs:
Original Mix
This track reminds me of soundchecking in warehouses for free parties, such is the massive reverb on the lead 'squelch'.
This is decent party breaks, devoid of all attitude bar fun. That's not to say it's brainless, or just uses any cheesy samples to make it bounce and have a decent element of funk to it.
Far from it. Sure, it's a little obvious, but sometimes you need that in your life.
HighEight Mix
A succint groover from High Eight, revisiting some classic breaks and rocking an incredibly loose style.
This is the 'free-est' I've heard Neil be in a long time, and it really, really suits him.
In fact, this is the best thing I've heard from High Eight in a while, so much so that I'm really looking forward to hearing what he does next.
601 Mix
601 are flying the bass music flag at full mast on this mix. Given my current predelictions this will be my most played mix.
mixing up rave, funky and future garage styles and coming up with something very 601, Nat and George seem to have found their most natural place. Top work.
Big Square are showing some real quality at the moment, turning very much into a 'buy on sight' label for me.
Holding the standard firm on what they think breaks is, but taking in the influences and sounds of 'now', which is essentially what good breakbeat has always done

Big Nick D
Junior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx